You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like bird, dizzy in my head, Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night.
You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee, just the thought of you can drive me wild, Oh, you make me smile.







Thursday, May 5, 2011

Are you a wimp?

"Running is a BIG question mark that is there each and every single day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be wimp or are you going to be stong today' "? ~ Unknown
I came across this quote on: http://running.about.com/ There was a link that directed me to some motivational quotes. I also have found the site and it's links to be a great resource in this new adventure. Below is a photo that my Hubby took of Stacey and I just after we ran just over 1 Km and walked back the same distance. For those of you know me, know that I haven't been much of a runner. EVER. So this was a HUGE deal for me and I am so pumped at how far I've come since starting a Walk/Run clinic on April 13 in Wiarton. I'm proud of Stacey too and am stoked that we have eachother to motivate when we feel like being wimps. The iPod helps a tonne as well, especially when you come across the right beats. It's amazing how your body reacts to great music.


Stacey, thanks for being there beside me when I feel like I can't go much farther, and for ever gently pushing me and encouraging me with high fives and 'WE ROCK"'s along the way.

Below is the route that we have chosen to start at. There's not too many 'blocks' in hepworth to choose from. It's amazing how many other walkers and runners we have met a long the way. This is the 'IT' route. From my door, around, and back to my door, is give or take a 5 km trek. Tonight we ran the better part of the first km, then the 1.4 km on spring creek rd., walked the 1.1 on the Legion rd., then ran the 1.1 on Bruce rd. 8, then walked from the lights home again. That is the most I've run ever, ever, in my entire life. GO ME. GO US! My goal was to run 5 km by June 21 - my 28th Birthday - but am thinking we will be running this in 2 more weeks.



I have purchased some new shoes, the Mizuno Wave Creation 12. My feet, legs, and body are in L O V E with them. Investment very much worth it. I've been schin splint free for 4 runs now and that is AMAZING. I have also rewarded myself with a HOT PINK Nike Dri-Fit hat, I am convinced it has super powers.

I also want to thank my supportive Husband, Jason. He never complains when I take the 'me' time to run and he tells me he's proud of me. That feels awesome. XO

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Good job Sweet Pea...I'm super proud of ya!! Keep kickin' it...I'll be right there with ya, soon enough...Boom Boom POW!!!