You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like bird, dizzy in my head, Spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night.
You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee, just the thought of you can drive me wild, Oh, you make me smile.







Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh the memories....

Our First Christmas here at this old house - December 2006
Marley very much wanted to go out and play in the snow - I think she was there for an hour

Bringing Logan home for the first time - February 11, 2010

Hanging out in the backyard on a hot May afternoon

I never knew I would feel like this: Sad that we're leaving this house. This 100 year old house has been 'home' for the past 4 1/2 years. It's in need of some much needed TLC. I first fell in love with the character and charm of this old house, the living room is in the attic, I just loved that. Oak and Maple original woodwork is all throughout this place and it's so pretty. The outside, is less desirable, but it's been 'home'. Driving with Jason to work at 6:15am, I stared out the window and got a little teary on the dark drive. I started to think about all of the memories that we have here. There was a time we had friends over every weeked, some that slept here every weekend too, having too much fun to go home. Jason proposed to me in the (then) living room (which we turned into our bedroom), our Nephew Sam used to come and hang out with me when he was little on my days off and we'd snuggle and have the best naps with Marley and Lucy Loo, and getting locked out of the house with T-Dot and having to climb up the side of the house and break in through the window. We brought Logan home from the Hospital to his freshly painted and decorated room. Even though we're right between Weber St. and the noisy Expressway, Logan and I hung out lots in the shaded backyard where he'd fall asleep under the tree and I'd just stare at him in amazement and take a billion photos. I used to love to lay in the hammock and watch Jaker cut the grass or playing with Marley. These memories make me smile. These memories aren't going to stay at the house, I know that. They are apart of me, and I will take these memories where ever we go. I just feel at the moment that I'm leaving them behind. There's the many friends that I'm going to miss as well. Friends come and go, the ones that really matter never go to far away and are always there when you need them. I'm just going to miss so many people that I think I'm kind of avoiding the goodbyes, hoping they will just be so longs, and see you laters. Tonight is our last night in this old house. I am super excited to get to our new place and I know it will just be a matter of time that I have so many new memories to tuck away with the old ones and I'll be just fine.

1 comment:

Bond Girl said...

This made me cry. I dread the day we leave this house, as it's very much a part of who we have become as a family. It's a home, not a house!